Friday, May 13, 2011

Tangled

Our house has been taken over by Rapunzel and all things “Tangled” lately!  The girls and I went to see the newest Disney movie last fall and pre-ordered the DVD so it would arrive soon after its release at the end of March.  It is such a cute movie and I love the soundtrack so much I don't even mind playing it for the girls in the car! 

This blog post has been about a month in the works because in listening to one of the songs from the Tangled soundtrack I can't stop thinking about my life in the past year.  April 15th was an emotional day for me because it was a year ago that day that we had our ultrasound and found out that Sophie had health problems.  Yet, I look at her now and she is thriving...such a joy in our lives!  And we've made it a year...a long year...and life is better than we ever imagined it would be.  When I listen to the song “See The Light” some of the words capture exactly how I felt and now feel about my littlest girl.  I spent so much of the past year feeling “tangled” and just not knowing how to process everything that was going on.  Some days felt like madness and I struggled to find God and His plan in it all.  Sophie is 9 months old now and I realized that I do “see the light” after going through a period of darkness.  We live such a normal life with her that sometimes I forget what we went through in the beginning and that she could still face issues in the future.  But, there is a constant peace that reminds me she is meant to be with us and that whatever we may face in the future she will be fine and we will be fine.   I am so in love with this sweet little girl and it's hard to believe that she will turn ONE in less than three months!

Here is a link to the video and the lyrics to “See the Light”.  While the words are intended for a love story between a boy and a girl, I think you will see how they remind me of  Sophie and our journey so far.  God has blessed us so much by placing her in our lives.  She is truly a shining star!


SEE THE LIGHT (from the Tangled soundtrack)

All those years watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here, suddenly I see
Standing here, it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to be....

CHORUS
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you.

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things the way they were.

Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here, suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go....

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I completely understand. I struggle so much with Noah, yet, I wouldn't change him, or any of this journey with him, for anything. There is a reason they are our children and we are their mommies! Keep hanging in there!

    PS--My husband wanted to see Tangled so badly, but Noah wouldn't go with him because "it's a girl's movie, Daaa-ad." Shawn wondered if it would be weird of him to borrow one of our friend's daughters. Um yes, just a little! :)

    ReplyDelete